Saturday, February 12, 2011

Carmel

We were told when my MIL was first diagnosed with Alzheimer's that we should get her a baby doll. I was a little puzzled by that for several reasons. One she wasn't that advanced in the disease but secondly it just sounded so mental home'ish!

For the past 11 months that she has lived with us, Carmel has become her new best friend. I now get the baby doll comment. She sits and holds Carmel all day, talks to her, lets her sleep with her, and feeds her constantly. We had to hide the dog food so she won't feed her too much.

On Super Bowl Sunday, we came home from friends to see our little Wienie dog's body weight had doubled. Her abdomen had expanded to the point that it looked like she had swallowed a watermelon. We accidentally left the dog food container in the pantry and my MIL must have fed her again.

Carmel is the happiest little wienie dog in the world! As my girls got into high school they didn't play with Carmel as much as they used to so she really enjoys all the attention my MIL gives her. Every morning when Carmel gets up she runs up the stairs to see my MIL! They both have found a new best friend!

Life is good.......over the hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment