Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's a Good Day

Day 56: Yesterday my husband took his mom to get her hair done. This is one of the things I feel very strongly about! As a woman, no matter what is going on in life we still want to look good. It always amazes me that when she gets her hair done she just has a kick in her step!

I got home from work and complimented her on her hair. She beamed like a little kid. She smiled, patted her hair, and said thank you. All night she just seemed in a better mood. She sat up with us and watched the new season premiere of "The Hills" with her granddaughter. She offered to mend a new outfit that my daughter had ordered from Fossil online. The straps were too long and my MIL jumped up and said, "oh, that would be easy to fix----I can do that." My daughter grinned and said, "okay, good!" It's little things like this that I know make her feel good and like she has a place.

Later that night a friend of hers called my husband to say they were coming through town today on their way to New Mexico. They want to stop by and see her. We all agreed not to tell her but to surprise her today. I can't wait for her to see her dear high school friend.

Yesterday and today will be good days!
Life is good over the hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment