Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Do you need me to do anything today?

Yesterday, I think I mentioned the test for the day was to see if my mother-in-law could follow directions/remember the directions if we left it for her in writing. Well, I am happy to report that she dusted the wood blinds for me and they looked great. She even took all the clothes laying in the floor of my 18 year old daughters room and washed them---some of which were clean but hadn't been put up. That's okay she feels she has purpose and can help out!

Last night we went to a school program for the 8 year old that my daughter baby-sits. My mother-in-law went with us and seemed to thoroughly enjoy the singing and dancing by the kids.

She did get a little anxious about getting ready and kept asking my daughter what to wear. I know these decisions are very ominous for her but she did great---she picked out a black casual valour pants & top and had on a pair of black shoes with hose. Then she got a little anxious one other time when she & I sat down but because it was so crowded my husband and daughter stood up. She worried about them not sitting down several different times throughout the program.

I have been pleasantly surprised that she can still be very active physically and with guidance she can still accomplish tasks if she has prompts.

The phrase for the day: Do you need me to do anything today? She asks every morning to leave her some things to do so she won't be bored----she asks to iron, do laundry, mend any clothes, etc. Today we asked that she rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment