Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Where have you been?

Oh my, today is November 11th of 2014!  It's been 2 years and 234 days since I last entered a post to this blog! Wow!  I didn't realize it had been that long!  I won't try to use this post to bore you with all the details but here is a laundry list of significant events that might explain where I have been:

Summer 2011:  The neurologist that diagnosed my MIL told us that it was probably time to consider different living options for my MIL.  It became apparent that she needed more care and supervision than we could give her in our home so the time had come to make that difficult decision......

September 2011:  We moved my MIL to a home with a specific floor for Alzheimer's patients.  It wasn't our first choice but the upside was she had her own living arrangement with only 16 other women residents; there is a common living area, kitchen, and outside sitting area.

January 2012:  We got the news we were going to be grandparents!!  Woohoo!
 
April 2012:  Our oldest daughter & her husband moved back to Texas from Pittsburgh, PA!

October 2012:  Our first granddaughter was born!

September 2013:  My 96 year old grandmother passed away---she influenced our family in such a profound way!  I was truly blessed to enjoy her fully for 40 plus years of my life!

October 2013:  My husband's biological father died from a long battle with cancer.  My husband was able to reconnect with him, a step-mom, & two siblings before he passed---this too was such a blessing.  He got to hear firsthand from so many people at his father's funeral how much he loved him and how much he talked about him!  Wow, it was very overwhelming but again another blessing from God! 

May 2014: Our youngest daughter graduated from college!

August 2014:  Our youngest daughter got her first teaching job!


As I contemplate this laundry list, I realize there been several significant events in our life over the last two years.  The cycle of life continues........life is good! 

I'm back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment